Frank S. Land Memorial Day
Schedule a convenient day near November 8, the day on which our founder died, to memorialize and pay tribute to Frank S. Land, Founder of the Order of DeMolay. On this day, Chapters are encouraged to carry out special fund-raising effort and donate the proceeds to a DeMolay charity. Events on this day can include:
- •Present a copy of the book “Hi Dad” to a local public or school library.
- •Honor a special “Dad” (a father) in the community for displaying qualities of Frank S. Land. This could also be a foster dad or a “Big Brother”.
- •Have each member present a “Thank you” certificate to a father figure.
- •Honor your Advisors for their work with the chapter.
- •Plan a special trip to the Gravesite of “Dad” Land and to his office at the Service and Leadership Center.