On a day convenient to the Chapter during the month of February, each Chapter should arrange a special Patriots’ Day meeting featuring the nation’s great patriotic events and the great patriots who participated in them. The Standard Bearer usually directs this observance.Events on this day can include:
- •Presenting a flag that has flown over the capitol building, to a library, school, city or country governmental body, Masonic Lodge, Scottish Rite, or Shrine.
- •Sponsor a patriotic speech competition, complete with prizes, of only DeMolays or open it to all young people.
- •Attend a firework display together as a chapter.
- •Put flags at patriotic memorial sites or on the graves of veterans.
- •Pay tribute to living veterans.
- •Sell flags for lawn display.
- •Have a patriotic speaker at a chapter function.
- •Contact your local veterans club and find out what you can do to help.
- •Sponsor a member of the Armed Forces and send snail mail, pictures, or a care package to them